“We cannot solve our problems using the same thinking we used when we created them.” ~ Albert Einstein
No truer words have ever been spoken, and the state of our country now, more than ever is at a turning point.
I have built my career around protecting and defending people and small businesses. I have watched as our once growing and thriving middle class has had to bear the burden of corrupt systems, over-regulation and taxation, only to be rewarded by the weight of debt. Our middle class is no longer growing and thriving. It is shrinking due to our moving from a manufacturing to a debt based economy, creating a new class of citizens who are the working poor who only know “debt slavery” as a way of life.
I have experienced firsthand, the corruption and unfairness in our court systems, which has moved away from constitutional responsibilities and has all but eliminated the ability of the average person to seek justice. Studies have shown that up to 70% of those who need an attorney cannot afford one; those seeking to represent themselves as an alternative are met with limited or no access to the tools they need. And for those who persevere, they are left with archaic, confusing and even intentionally vague rules and procedures. True Equal Justice is a thing of the past.
I have witnessed the devaluing of our sacred vote, and have learned through my current court cases (CFR v Padilla and LaVergne v US House of Representatives) that if you live in a rural area away from the densely populated cities you are likely to never see or even meet your elected representative as they choose to serve those who have the money, power and connections to help keep them in office.
I have witnessed the incumbent Suzan DelBene deliver rhetoric, not results, and who is a part of the stagnant Washington Elite political machine, that is comprised of career millionaire politicians, who don’t live like the rest of us or understand our problems.
I will represent the people of District 1 and my pledge to you is:
- I will not take campaign donations.
- I will represent the interests of the people I serve, not special interests.
- I will actively seek reforms to our judicial system to:
- restore its integrity,
- bring it into the 21st century through the use of technology, and
- make it affordable and accessible to all.
- I will work hard to protect and grow the middle class and the working poor
- I will work to increase the number of representatives in Washington and to reduce the influence big business and big money has in our legislative process
- I will find solutions so that everyone can have affordable healthcare and education.
- And most importantly, I will be connected and available to the citizens I represent. I will not hide behind the layers of staff members or the party as most representatives do.
All I ask of you is to please share this with family and friends and to show your support through your endorsement of this campaign. Let us all put our frustration, and anger into action for a better future.
Until next time ~